Monday, October 15, 2018

THE GROWTH OF NIGERIAN MOVIE INDUSTRY ( NOLLYWOOD)

NOLLYWOOD















 











PART 1
Film making business is taking a new shape in Nigeria, not minding the unprepared film making background that is not available for the youth and aspiring filmmakers within the country.

Although there are few film academies that are located within the country, two is owned by government of Nigeria, which is NationalFilm Institute (NFI) also known as Nigeria Film Cooperation and NTA TV College.

Both academies are located in Jos Nigeria.  Others are owned by individuals and the fees involve in attending any of this film academy, are very hefty and mind dropping.  They are expensive to any young youth or average home to afford for their son or daughter.

I still remember how I went to Film College some years ago, it was a challenging moment for me because, I needed money to pay my college fee, I needed money to take care of house rent, college projects like renting sound recording machine, to learn sound recording and it working ethics, usual renting of cameras to learn the craft of cinematography outside the film college walls.

How about the individual projects that film college will ask her students to do and the group projects that will sometimes last for months. My own film college I attended will not mind that you have lots of projects to do; they will request me and the other students to take over fifteen courses per semester.


SAMCHUKS EMEKA

ARTICLE BY SAMCHUKS EMEKA.
A Radio and TV Personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment